We are excited to announce that in July 2012 we awarded 123 scholarships for a total of $70,445.00 in scholarships to students across Texas.
Through the Scholarship Program, DPSOA/DPSTF has awarded more than $900,000 in scholarships over the past eight academic years to a wide range of talented and deserving students in the state of Texas.
Background on the Scholarship Program:
- The DPSTF Scholarship Program provides initial and continuing education scholarships to qualified individuals – including both children of DPSOA members and the public.
- More than 125 scholarships are made available each year, to high school students from diverse social, economic, and educational backgrounds and are granted in recognition of the student’s academic achievements, community involvement, and potential for success.
- Scholarships are issued in the name of the academic institutions of the student’s choice.
- Funding comes from DPSTF, which depends exclusively on donations given by community groups, businesses, and the public at large.
- In 2012, awarded 123 scholarships for a total of $70,445.00 in scholarships to qualified scholarship applicants across the state.
- In 2011, DPSTF awarded nearly $70,000.00 to 112 qualified scholarship applicants.
- Additionally the DPS Officers Association annually awards the Mark Jeffrey Phebus Endowed Scholarship to a second or third year student pursuing a degree in a law enforcement related Major.
2012 DPSOA Scholarship Recipients
2011 DPSOA Scholarship Recipients